Eight Reasons Fantasy Heroines Rock
(And Normal Heroines Don’t)
1. Fantasy Heroines get to do extraordinary things, like have out-of-body experiences. If they’re involved with a supernatural boyfriend, they get to watch their supernatural boyfriend do extraordinary things, like fly. Normal Heroines talk a lot to their boyfriends. Sometimes they yell.
2. Fantasy Heroines travel to really exotic places like the astral plane or even the distant past. Normal Heroines stay in school, or a coffee shop, or their living rooms. Or maybe a horse stable.
3. Fantasy Heroines are smart. They have to be to fit in with regular humans and not get found out. If they’re in a relationship with a supernatural boyfriend, they have to be smart and be able to keep a secret, like the fact that their boyfriend is a Siren and their kind have been influencing humans since the beginning of time. Normal Heroines worry about their popularity.
4. Fantasy Heroines have to figure out how to stay out of the way of angry supernatural types. It’s one thing to have a jealous ex-girlfriend on your tail; it’s another if the jealous ex-girlfriend can possess people to get to you. Normal Heroines only have to deal with the air being let out of their tires.
5. Fantasy Heroines have to be physically strong and have the endurance to keep up with their supernatural boyfriends. They train, do yoga, and learn martial arts. Normal Heroines probably do something to maintain their always flawless bodies, but we never know what.
6. Fantasy Heroines aren’t afraid to look bad and aren’t out to impress. They trek through frozen tundra and survive avalanches without makeup or washing their hair, and their supernatural boyfriends still think they’re fabulous. Normal Heroines obsess over their lip gloss and breath.
7. Fantasy Heroines have compassion and empathy beyond measure. They understand their supernatural boyfriend’s conflict over using humans as energy sources. Normal Heroines get upset when their boyfriends have to work late.
8. Fantasy Heroines deal with daily trauma that would send any normal person to the loony bin. You know… the attempts on their life… seeing innocent people killed. And they keep it all a secret. Normal Heroines deal with getting less than an “A” on a term paper.